Thursday, January 6, 2011

MISUNDERSTANDING IN THE AFTERGLOW

Pretezeled together after a marathon lovemaking session with my husband and basking in the afterglow, I hear my Love whisper in my ear the funniest misunderstanding I can remember in recent memory.

What he actually said was, "I really got off  hard."

What I  heard him say however, beyond the post orgasmic choir of angels singing in my head was, "I've really gotta fart."

Having been with my husband for fifteen years, this post coital declaration was extrememly out of character - so I just laid still and waited to hear him let it rip.  After several minutes of silence which lead up to a soft snore emitting from his top half, I ran through the scene again in my head. 

...Wait a minute, "Honey, what did you just say to me?" I inquired.

"Huh?" he muttered half asleep, "I didn't say anything."

"No, before you dozed off..." I persisted.

"I said, 'I got off really hard.'" he declared with crystal clear annunciation.

"OOOOHHHH!!!!"  I snorted as I abruptly burst out laughing so aggresively tears came to my eyes.

"Why, what did you think I said?" he sighed.

"Nothing, honey...I just love you so much it makes me kinda crazy with emotional expressiveness sometimes!"  I said while trying to control my outburst and bring it down at least five levels.  I had achieved that ridiculous "slap-happy" state of mind which I knew my husband just wouldn't "get" if I calmed myself enough to try to explain.

"Goodnight Carrie..." he said while rolling his eyes and body over for the night.

"Goodnight Honey!"....ahhh, the joy of being with someone for a long, long, time.

No comments:

Post a Comment